It’s that time of year again….. our letter writing campaign!
Every year, HEROs participates in a letter writing campaign where we send out letters that explain our organization’s cause. Everyone participates-- from the executive director, to the child relations committee member. It’s one of our largest fundraising campaigns of the year.
Here are a few tips to make sure you can make the most out of letter writing!
1) Keep your addresses in a spreadsheet. It’s more organized, and then you have them on file for the next year.
2) Write a small personal message. We supply the letter that explains what our organization does, but family members and friends are more willing to donate if they see a personal message from you. Family members love to know about your campus involvement and read personal messages, even if they are short.
3) Add your online fundraising link to the letter! Many people find it easier to donate online, so they might be more willing to. Even if you just write, “text me for my online link,” it makes things a lot easier.
4) Make it fun! Write them with your friends and play music or watch a movie. It makes the time go by faster. I know it seems tedious, but you’d be surprised how much money you can raise. Whatever you put into it is what you will get out of it!
5) Once the letters have been sent out, and you start seeing the donations come in, make sure to write a handwritten thank you note. Taking the time to handwrite a note shows much more gratitude than a quick text, and people remember the kind gesture!
Let us know some of your strategies for letter writing. Good luck with your letters, and don't forget to follow us on social media!
Facebook: UGA HEROs